venerdì 6 luglio 2007

Intervista con Goichi Suda

Tratto da Gamasutra. Qui tutta l'intervista.


GS: What was the inspiration for the Wii title No More Heroes?

Suda
: I was inspired the most by the movie El Topo, by Alejandro Jodorowsky. I’ve always wanted to create a game like it, where the story progresses with a series of battles.,In No More Heroes there’s also a killer. I visualized the game to be one where this killer battles and defeats his enemies one by one with his light saber.

GS: Have you played Red Steel? What did you think of tthe sword fighting in that?

Suda: I played it a little. When the Wii hardware was announced, my initial thoughts were that there would definitely be games of Red Steel’s style produced. It’s a game that encompasses everything. I think games like this are ones that become example models for other developers. Red Steel and Made in Wario, these two games are perfect, or in other words probably serve as models for all Wii game developers to find out exactly what the Wii can do.

GS: A lot of people said that the sword fighting was too simple, so I wondered if you learned anything from it.

Suda: I think both the good qualities and the bad qualities were examples that I could learn from. Also, from a Japanese perspective, I was confused by the unrealistic recreation of the Shinjuku setting. Ridley Scott’s portrayal of Osaka in the movie ”Black Rain” was really cool, but the Shinjuku created in Red Steel wasn’t really that great.

0 commenti: