lunedì 3 settembre 2007

Seconda parte della chiacchierata tra Iwata e Itoi


La trovate completaqui.

Iwata
So he hands him/her the controller and tells him/her to go at it, and all he does is watch him/her from behind.
I used to call it "Mr. Miyamoto's View over Someone Else's Shoulder". I didn't realize how important it was until I started to work with him. Only then it occurred to me that this was it.
We're not able to go to customers explaining the details of the game's intention, or how they should enjoy it.
[...]
However experienced he may be, he never drops the notion that "if the players don't understand it, there's fault in the design I made".
[...]
I was interested whether my program was cool or not, but not really aware of the players' response.
Must have been like that.
[...]
Mr.Miyamoto's way came upon me as a total shock. I remember going back to my office and writing a report on it, how his method works, and it being the reason we can't win.

0 commenti: